Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love Re(v)ellion

Here's a reprint from a previous blog 'o mine. Yes, this is blog plagiarism. . .but I own the rights so, "Boom!" Anyway, I think this is quite reflective of me and my inner goddess. Enjoy. Know me, Love me.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Who loves ya, babe?!


Got this in an email today from a friend (who will remain nameless):

"for real tho.. i cant wait until you get married, you are one of the most (if not, the most) lovey dovey, touchy feely, wear your heart on your sleeve, people that i know and i think i would just be in tears all day because you would be like, overflowing with joy and you are so fufilled by love and relationships... sorry on a tangent... "

This comes at a great time because I am sooooooo irritated today. I got a sinus headache that wont give (my mom is diagnosing me with an infection right this instant). Unfortunately, I dont think I can swing a co-pay and a prescription just yet. Anyway, let us focus on one central theme: I am fulfilled by love and relationships.(then)?(then)! I guess it's true. My new mental response to the well-intentioned who tell me that they arent ready for marriage and neither am I, is: I know what type of goddess I embody/represent/am and she is vulnerable. She draws strength from loving and serving. She doesn't feel that she is weakened by what may be referred to as "traditional feminine roles". But, she dislikes being used. Usery is a quick road to the *bleep* LIST. The confusion comes into play, however, when you live on the planet earth in 2008 where everyone is proving a point and riding a (dare I say) rollercoaster of emotions.

Oh yea, the point. My point is that I'm LOVEY DOVEY. I revel in it and I love being around people with whom I am comfortable enough to let it all hang out. I looked up the word "revel" and it seems to have some connection to "rebel". So, poop on he that would poop on me for being "too nice". This is me. It's my personal rebellion against angry, disgruntled, bad breath having, emotional nitwits.